The Rector is the official representative of the University. As well as calling and chairing meetings of the Academic Senate and Board of Administration, the Rector supervises the university's teaching, scientific and service structures, and gives appropriate guidance. The Rector promotes and coordinates the decisions made and the direction indicated by the Academic Senate and by the Board of Administration.
Prof. Edoardo Alesse was born in Leonessa (RI) on February 17th, 1958.
He is Full Professor of Medical and Biotechnology Laboratory Techniques.
• 1977: Maturity at the Liceo Classico "D. Cotugno", L'Aquila, Italy
• 1983: Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of L'Aquila, Italy
• 1988: PhD in Experimental Medicine at the University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy
• 1989-1994: Visiting Scientist at the National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda (MD), USA
• President of the Degree Course in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques
• President of the Degree Course in Biotechnology
• Director of the Department of Experimental Medicine
• Director of the Department of Applied and Biotechnological Clinical Sciences
• Head of the University Animal House
• Coordinator of the PhD course in Biotechnology
• Coordinator of the PhD course in Experimental Medicine
• Coordinator of the Commission for Education and Research of the University of L'Aquila
• Academic Senator
• Board Member
• Member of the Technical and Scientific Committee of the UNIVAQ Foundation
• Member of the Technical and Scientific Committee of the DMTA Interdepartmental Center
• Member of the Technical and Scientific Committee of the DWES Center of Excellence
• Member of the Board of Directors of the CAPITANK Consortium
• President of the CAPITANK Chemical-Pharmaceutical Innovation Center
• Member of the Permanent Conference of the Medical Area Colleges
• Member of the ASN Commission in execution of jurisdictional measures for the S.C. 06/N1
The research activity of prof. Edoardo Alesse has allowed the acquisition of various types of competitive funds, both public and private, for a total amount of some millions of euros. Edoardo Alesse is the author of numerous articles and books in the fields of General Pathology, Clinical Pathology and Medical and Biotechnology Laboratory Techniques, some of which are on top international journal.
In the same disciplinary fields, prof. Alesse has carried out an intense teaching and tutoring activity for the students, following hundreds of three-year, master's and doctoral thesis. Students of prof. Alesse currently hold important roles, as well as at the University of L'Aquila, also in other universities and national and international research centers.
Address: Palazzo Camponeschi, piazza Santa Margherita 2, 67100 L'Aquila
Phone: ++39 0862432030
Meetings, conferences, seminars
UNIVAQ Online learning platform
Institutional Research Information System
Historical notes and practical information
Info, Online bulletin board